Open May 14 - September 24, 2013
Go into the wild! With a focus on the rich, cultural history of Denali National Park, the Denali Natural History Tour incorporates interpretive programs that depict the diverse native and early pioneer influences in and around Denali. You’ll learn about the history and culture that surrounds you at a Living History presentation while visiting Savage Cabin, and learn more about local native culture at Primrose Ridge.
Your driver/naturalist will provide a great introduction to the landscape, geology and history of Denali National Park. The Denali Natural History Tour also stops at the Wilderness Access Center for a viewing of “Across Time & Tundra” – an award winning presentation on the building of the park road.
Morning and Afternoon Alaska land Tours are available. Exact departure times are not guaranteed and are based on demand and availability.
- 4.5 - 5 hours; 17 miles one-way
- Morning or afternoon departures from area hotels
- The morning alaska land tour departs between 6:00 AM and 9:00 AM
- The afternoon alaska land tour departs between 1:30 PM and 4:00 PM, allowing you to arrive on the train from Fairbanks or coach and take a tour the same day
- Please note: Exact departure times are not guaranteed and are based on availability - it is possible to be ticketed for any time during the departure windows
- Tour is on upgraded coaches
- Light snack and hot beverage provided
- Tour makes several stops for breaks
- Bring your camera, extra film or memory cards and binoculars
- If you’re traveling with children, please take a moment to review the Alaska Car Seat Laws